The CTK Foundation just opened its 2011 Heart and Soul Grant Award Program. They'll be awarding over $25,000 in grants to nonprofits, charities and voluntary organizations of all sizes in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. The only eligibility requirements are that the submitting nonprofit must be a registered 501(c)(3), charity, or voluntary organization and that it follow the submission procedures.
Here's where it gets fun (or tricky). Applicants are being asked to submit an original four-to-eight-line poem that reflects the work or mission of their organization. The poem can be written by staff members, clients, or volunteers, but must be wholly original. The grant application window is from March 1 to March 28, 2011.
Your organization could win:
- A cash grant of $10,000 USD
- A cash grant of $5,000 USD
- Two steel-stringed guitars, signed by all members of Los Lonely Boys for use in an auction or other fundraising.
- Up to 20 technology grants, valued at $10,000, to nonprofits that indicate an interest.
- The first place award winner will also receive a professionally-produced song about the nonprofit's mission, to be used for public education or awareness.
Information and the application form are at http://communitytech.net/foundation. Follow the effort on Twitter at #ctkgrant and enter today!